Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Socks!



I have two pairs of socks on the needles right now, and I'm loving it. I'm almost finished the Mince Pie Meyhem Socks, which is that wonderfully complicated-looking easy-to-do cabled pattern from Alice Yu. Just about every other stitch on every other row is cabled. I can handle doing it while chatting at knit night, but I can't read when I'm alone. Which is why I cast on the Simple Skype socks. Because I needed a super easy, don't have to look at them while I'm knitting, project. Plus I've become obsessed with the idea of using Cookie A's sweet tomato heel method and this new pair give me an excuse to try it out.

I really enjoyed knitting the sweater for my daughter, and I love the sweater I made myself. But sock knitting is my true love. I'm so glad to have these tiny dpns back in my hands where they belong.

No comments: