Monday, August 26, 2013

Determination meets Frustration


I decided it was time to get serious. I need to move beyond sedentary and start adding real exercise into my life if I truly want to be half the woman I am. So this morning I got up and did almost 20 minutes of aerobics. Okay, I just danced around the living room in my pajamas until I was wheezingly out of breath, but that gave me 2500 steps before I even got ready for work.

At work, I took every opportunity to add extra steps each time I got up from my desk. 

After work, I had to run up to Singer Island to give my daughter some mail that had come to my place for her. I used that errand as an excuse to go to my favorite exercise trail in Palm Beach Gardens  where I walked two miles. 

At the end of the day, I had a grand total of 10,508 steps. That's five hundred steps over my goal! I was so proud. And so tired.

And now I'm depressed. I did 10,508 steps and I still did not get an adjustment for going beyond sedentary. What's a girl gotta do to be active?




(I suppose I should be happy that I was only 3 calories away...)

No comments: