Wednesday, August 10, 2011

We're not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be. (C.S. Lewis)


 I have a finished object. Finally. I had finished knitting the Special Olympics scarf early last week. I think I mentioned last Wednesday that all I had left to do was to finish weaving in the ends. Well, I finally sat down this morning and wove them all in. I could cross at least two more WIPs off the list just by doing the finishing work (sewing up seams and/or weaving in ends). Knitting is fun. Finishing is not.

Anyway, this scarf will be going to the Ohio Special Olympics. I recently found out that one of my friends from high school has a son that participates in the Ohio Special Olympics. So this year any scarves that I knit will be going there in honor of A.J.


The other project on my needles is the Hedera Socks from Cookie A's Knit.Socks.Love. book. The yarn is from Creatively Dyed, in the Envy colorway. I love the yarn, even if it is a little too variegated for the lace pattern. Although the color and pattern work well once the socks are put on and the lace is blocked (stretched) a little bit.
 * ~ * ~ *
Blanket Update:
194 squares in 221 days
(Status: Why do I bother setting goals?)

No comments: