Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Palm Beach State College
I feel like I'm such a slacker. It sounded like such a good idea to make a list of fifty things to accomplish by 2013. "It would be fun," I thought. Instead, it's turned out to be another long list of tasks that I can't quite get to. Sigh. At least I have a couple of items I can update.

16. Finish or frog the 10 existing WIPs.  This past weekend I finished Timothy's scarf. It just needed to be bound off, which I was able to do with the help of a youtube video. I also had to weave in all the ends where he had changed colors (I had him change colors each day he knit, so stripes showed us how many days he worked on the scarf and how long he was able to stay on task.) The idea of weaving in all those ends were what kept me from finishing the scarf sooner. But once I got started, it wasn't too bad.

23. Start recycling at home (and continue for at least 3 months). We're starting month three of the recycling. I would love to say that it's working out wonderfully. Unfortunately, the children aren't 100% into the idea, so I find myself pulling things out of the trash and moving it to the recycling box. Yeck. But there are two full bags (one of glass/plastic and one of paper) to be taken to the recycling area today, so I can feel good about that.

24. Write a letter every other week (at least 12). I wrote the first letter this past week.

41. Change my job.  I'm still looking for work. I had a promising interview last week, but I never heard back from them. I went to a job fair yesterday, but I came away with only one promising lead. It's really difficult, both financially and mentally, to be unemployed.

And that's all I have to add on the 50 x 50 list.

No comments: