Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Life is just a quick succession of busy nothings. (Jane Austen)

I finished the lizard for Mr. Darcy. He's so cute, I'm tempted to keep him for myself. This was a really fun knit. And since you pick up stitches for the legs and eyes, there's no seaming afterwards. Which is really nice -- I hate seaming. (I still have to finish seaming one side of my Riva sweater.)


I also started a scarf for the Special Olympics on Saturday, and I'm about halfway through. Unfortunately, I didn't know they were asking for them again this year so there isn't much time. The scarves have to be mailed in by the end of February.

I decided to take part in the Ravelympics. I went back and forth on this, but finally decided it would be a good excuse to catch up on my What-Was-I-Thinking Sock Blanket. So I'll be casting on squares during Opening Ceremonies on Friday, Feb. 12th and we'll see how far I can get before the end of the Winter Games.

No comments: