Thursday, February 04, 2010

Every day, in every way, I am getting better and better. (Emile Coue)

My wheel finally has a name! I'm pleased to introduce you to Yarnell. (Hopefully you caught the puns.) I was spinning Sunday afternoon with a few friends, and one of the girls was telling us about her mother's new dog. As soon as she mentioned that the dog's name was Yarnell, I knew the identity of my wheel. So my Lendrum is named for a dog.

In addition to the new name, I've also done some pimping to the wheel. Nothing radical, just a carrying strap. I stole my daughter's guitar strap and it's working out wonderfully. Now I can carry Yarnell across my back, leaving my hands free to hold my knitting/spinning bag and purse. I have to admit that I'm feeling very proud of myself on this one.

I was able to get in three days of spinning this week, and last night I finished the third single of that BFL I was working on. It just has to rest a little bit, and hopefully I'll have a big enough block of time to ply it. I haven't figured out how to stop mid-ply, so once I start I have to keep going until the yarn is finished. But I can't wait to see how it turns out. I'm still hoping to produce a nice fingering-weight.

No comments: