Friday, February 05, 2010

When you make a world tolerable for yourself, you make a world tolerable for others. (Anais Nin)

I don't have a picture to prove it (it's too late to go digging out the camera, not to mention that the lighting is all wrong), but my house is finally clean. Well, I still have to do the bathrooms and put away a huge pile of yarn and books from my bedroom, but the "public" rooms are beautiful.

I feel calmer when my house is neat and everything is in place. It's peaceful and makes me very happy. I even have candles burning all around the living room. I have an urge to put on an apron and bake a cake, just in case company drops in. (Not that I'm expecting anyone, especially this late at night, but still...I'm ready for them.)

And so that's my favorite thing this week -- a clean house.

No comments: