Sunday, March 01, 2009

Indie Fest

Becka and I went to Indie fest yesterday. This is an annual celebration India's culture, held downtown in West Palm Beach. One of Becka's friends invited us, and we had a really nice time. They had music, dancing, and even a short play. I was tempted by the pretty saris and silk clothes for sale. (Maybe next year, after I lose a few more pounds.) And then, of course, there was the food. I didn't have a clue what to get, since it all looked delicious. I finally handed my money to Becka's friend and asked her to get me something. Oh, it was so good!

Becka passed up lunch in favor of getting another henna design. As the girl worked on Becka's design, she explained that she normally does the henna for weddings. She will spend as much as five or six hours doing a bride's hands, charging $500 or more. Traditionally, a bride is free from all work (or on her honeymoon) for as long as the henna lasts on her hands.

The henna turned out beautiful, much nicer (and deeper dyed) than what Ren Faire.

No comments: