Monday, March 23, 2009

I dwell in possibility... (Emily Dickinson)

I've just decided that Elizabeth Zimmermann is on my list of women I've love to have tea with. I mean, seriously, her pattern includes comments such as "See what you are doing?" and "Hope you are still with me." She's very down to earth, this is how you do it and it's only knits and purls. I think that if I were able to write a knitting pattern, it would be very similar in style to EZ's.

Now I'm trying to think of other women that should be on that list. Definitely Barbara Bush. And Emily Dickinson, because I've loved her poetry all my life. (Maybe not all my life, but definitely since I learned to read.) I feel like there should be someone from the feminist movement on the list, but I'm not sure who. (The only name I can remember right now is Helen Reddy, because I loved her songs.) Mother Theresa makes the list, of course. Who else should be on the list?

(By the way, I had a really nice photo today but decided that I probably shouldn't post it. Sorry. I'll try to come up with something else.)

No comments: