Wednesday, April 30, 2008

What I say or do here won't matter much, nor should it. (Dan Rather)


Tires are round. At least they're supposed to be round. This morning, after dropping my son off at the train station, I discovered that one of my tires were flat. Standing in a parking lot amongst a passing crowd of rushed commuters at 6:30 am, holding an owner's manual in one hand and a jack in the other while wondering if grease can be laundered out of your suede skirt is really not the way to start your morning. Especially if you haven't had time for a cup of coffee yet.

Thanks to a very kind (and cute) gentleman who was willing to take a later train in order to help a damsel in distress, my tire was changed and repaired with enough time for an iced latte before my first meeting this morning.

From there, the day steadily improved. (Cute guys and iced lattes help ALOT.)

No comments: