Sunday, April 13, 2008

Effort is not effort until it begins to hurt. (Ortega y Ortega)

I didn't get to do as much knitting this afternoon as I had hoped. By the time I got home from work, I was exhausted. (I have a great deal of admiration for parents of autistic children -- at least I get to go home after a couple of hours.) Then I ended up taking the kids out, since they had been pretty much cooped up in the house the past week.

But with the help of Folger's French Vanilla Roasted Coffee and a large bag of M&M's (how else am I supposed to keep track of what row I'm on?), I managed to turn the heel of one sock. I'm heading upstairs to nap a couple of hours, though, before attempting the second heel. I'm just too tired and giddy to be trusted with pointy sticks right now.

I've found a new favorite band, thanks to the Lime & Violet podcasts. If you haven't heard Brobdingnagian Bards, you really need to listen to their "Do Virgins Taste Better" medley. I think that Frog Kissin' needs to become my theme song (because there's a wealth of opportunity under each and every log).

No comments: