Monday, April 14, 2008

And so the madness comes to an end...

... for me, anyway.


I had to work Saturday, so I lost a lot of knitting time. I probably should have tried to knit longer Saturday night, but I was just too tired. Sunday I took the girls to the mall, and sat in the food court knitting while listening to yarn p@rn on the ipod and slurping down mocha lattes. (Some people thought it was strange enough that I was knitting in public, even without my random bursts of laughter.)


Sunday night there were still two slots left in my division, so I stayed awake all night. Okay, I did nap about an hour, but I knit in my sleep - literally! - so that doesn't count. (Apparently all I can do while sleepknitting is stockinette stitch, so it all had to be pulled out and redone.)

When I left the house at 6 am today, I still had one stripe and the toe to do on each sock. Unfortunately, the slots have been filled so I won't be going on to the next round. I plan on knitting along with the group, but without any pressure.

No comments: