Thursday, April 03, 2008

A man is too apt to forget that in this world he cannot have everything. A choice is all that is left him. (H. Mathews)

There are already ten of the twenty finishers in my division. I have no idea of where the others are in their socks. I've still got the toe to do, then the entire second sock. I'm not sure if should panic, or just give up. It's a little overwhelming.

Especially since I have another project I should be finished with by now. I'm making a Lucy Bag for my friend. Her birthday is this weekend, and I had planned on having the bag finished by now so that I could give it to her at work on Friday (tomorrow!). Instead, I still have about 200 rows to do on the handles, and then it needs to be felted. There's just no way to have it done in time.

I did stop and get a large coffee on my way home from work this evening (I worked with a behavior client until 8:30 pm), so hopefully there's enough caffeine in my system to keep me knitting all night. I'm turning off the computer so that I can't obsessively check everyone's standings or waste time posting every hour about how far I've gotten. I've also hidden all medications and wine bottles for the evening, so I won't have either of those for an excuse. It's 11 pm, so I six hours until it's time to get ready for work. I'm going to spend as many of them as I can knitting, and we'll see how far I can get.

I'll post an update in the morning!

1 comment:

laurie in maine said...

I've stopped by to stalk/cheer you on for SM Round 2!
YOU CAN DO IT :) Pretty yarn!

Wish I could blame the yanking of 72 stitches off the needles (twice) on drinking. I just can't count and don't take very good notes on where I am in the chart it seems.

AND
If you knit 2 rows in the round in a row - it's not a garter stitch anymore! And sticks out like a sore thumb!!