Thursday, April 10, 2008

Most men are within a finger's breadth of being mad. (Diogenes the Cynic)


I've been worn out lately, between working the various jobs and my allergies/flu. This blog isn't the only thing I've neglected -- I think my mom is going to disown me if I don't call her soon, and my house is one visitor away from being condemned!

And yet, I'm still knitting for Sock Madness. Round 3 starts sometime tonight. Which times out nicely for me. I have to work with my behavior client this evening, and I'll be getting home right around the time the pattern is supposed to be released. I'll be able to spend the night knitting. (Who needs sleep?) And tomorrow I only work at the day program, so I'll have all afternoon to knit, too. This is the lace round, so I'm looking forward to working on this sock. (Although I don't know how any pattern can be as nice as the last one -- I'm still a big fan of Guernseygal's patterns.) I was smart enough to wind the yarn yesterday after work, and I'm glad I didn't wait. It took me several hours to get the lace into balls. I don't have a swift, so I made do with the back of a kitchen chair. And instead of a ball winder, it's just me and my toothbrush holder (which doubles as my needle case).

I'll try to strike a balance on the updates...

No comments: