Thursday, April 24, 2008

Life is just a quick succession of busy nothings. (Jane Austen)

This helped. (They're on sale right now. Good thing, too. Now I can afford to buy a case of them.)


This arrived in the mail, and it brightened my day considerably. I mean, how can you be depressed or upset with this gorgeous skein to cuddle and drool over? I'm thinking it's perfect for a pair of Monkey socks.


This has become my latest obsession. It's eventually going to become a blanket. I started it last night, and I have trouble putting it down. I'm having a blast knitting up the tiny little squares. Normally I would hate a project like this - I mean, the knitting part is fun but I hate the assembly at the end. Sewing up a bunch of seams just isn't something I enjoy. This pattern attaches the squares as you go, so there isn't any assembly left at the end. I'm not sure who I'm making this for, but since it's going to take me along time to get it done (I need to knit more socks so that I can get more leftover yarn to use) I have plenty of time to decide who to give it to.


No comments: