Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Wednesday's Works in Progress

I would have thought that being out of work I would get a lot of knitting done. Instead, most of my time has been spent working on applications and trying to get major housecleaning done. The only real time I've had to knit is when I'm sitting in the car, waiting on my daughter. So I've been able to get a lot of my Sock Blanket done. And I've been working on a pair of toe-up socks. This is left-over yarn from the Yoga Monkeys, and I wasn't sure how much I have. Hence the toe-up instead of my preferred cuff-down socks. The pattern is just a plain vanilla sock, since the self-striping yarn doesn't really need a fancy stitch pattern. It's hard to tell from the picture, but I'm almost done the gusset on one of the socks, and will be turning the heel very soon.

When I do get to knit "for real," I've been working on my February Lady Sweater. This has been sitting around for a while, and I'm not sure why. I love the combination of handspun and Malibrigo yarns. Because I only had a couple of skeins of the Malibrigo left, I decided to put the body on hold and do the sleeves. Then I'll go back and knit the body until I run out of yarn. (It's going to look much better once it's finished; it's very difficult to wear a sweater properly when it's still on the needles.)

And since I'm talking about knitting, if anyone is interested in joining the Second Annual KIP Hunt we are now taking sign ups in Ravelry. The hunt is our way of celebrating World Wide Knit In Public Week, and it is open to everyone regardless where you live. The Hunt was a lot of fun last year, and we're hoping to make it even bigger and better this year. Please come join us!

* ~ * ~ *
Blanket Update:
103 squares in 102 days
(Status: Managing to keep up with daily square)

No comments: