Sunday, April 10, 2011

It's like eating M&Ms.

On Wednesday, I was given a skein of Trendsetter Flamenco yarn. A new knitter had brought it to the group, hoping for help in figuring out how to knit with this mesh ribbon yarn. None of us had ever seen it before, but we gave it a good try. I was intrigued by the challenge this offered, so I kept at it. In fact, I outlasted the yarn's owner, who declared she was sick of the whole thing and gifted it to me. Then I felt bad. It was her yarn, and I had hogged it so long that she felt had to give it to me.

But since she wouldn't take it back, I took it home. Today I was able to figure it out thanks to the pattern I also received with the yarn and a wonderful video on youtube. I knit a couple of rows, just to get the scarf started. Once you know how it's done, it's really quite an easy and fun project. So I feel like I should return the yarn to the original owner and show her how to do it.

Of course, it wouldn't hurt to do a couple more rows - just to make sure sure that it has a good start...

(I think I'm going to need to order a couple of skeins of this stuff. AFTER I knit another row. Or two.)

No comments: