Thursday, April 14, 2011

It's so hard to say goodbye

I had a call from my old boss. She needed help figuring out what reports had to be done and when they were due. So I loaded the files from my computer (I had them all, since I had been using my personal computer -- they had never gotten around to providing me a work computer) onto a flash drive, and I went in to help her out.

It was the right thing to do.

It was also a chance for me to say goodbye to my students. I wasn't that keen on seeing my co-workers, since none of them had bothered to try to get in touch with me when they realized I was gone. (I admit to still having hurt feelings.) But I did want to see my guys at least one more time.

And I'm glad I went in. My boss surprised me with a "Good Luck, Sandi" cake and flowers. More importantly, I got to talk with each of my students one more time.

Then I got into my car and drove away one last time, crying my broken heart out.

I gave the flowers to my mom. And then I sent out three more job applications.

No comments: