Monday, April 04, 2011

Adjusting to life on the outside

I guess this is my new office.
Still no window view!

I spent the weekend moping around. I cried for myself, and the job that I already miss more than I expected I would. (After spending so many of my weekends working, I couldn't figure out what to do with myself.) And when I wasn't pitying myself, I was crying for my students and the huge losses they were going to have to suffer through. (Too many service providers are finding themselves in my position, out of work because the funding just isn't there to pay them.)

But today is a new day, and I am determined to go forth in a positive manner. (Doesn't that sound good? I worked hard to be able to say that!) I decided that I was going to stick to a regular work routine. So this morning I got up early, as normal (not that I really had a choice, since Becka still had to be at the bus stop at 6 am). I went to the gym and spent time on the treadmill. Then I got dressed up, and spent a couple of hours in my "office." I've updated my resume, and started organizing my personal files and receipts. I feel very virtuous.

Okay,I probably should admit that I also spent a couple of hours knitting with my friend Paula at Barnes & Noble. Because what's the point of having all this time off work if I don't have some fun.

1 comment:

Sungopolis said...

Sandi, I've been trying to think of something useful to say. And all I can come up with is this: I think you should write a letter to the editor of the Palm Beach Post. Scott is getting a lot of coverage right now about all the cuts he's made but he just added two people to his PR staff! What?!?@?

Hang in there. You deserve the best.

Hugs, Sung-Ji