Monday, June 07, 2010

I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read,

and all the friends I want to see. (John Burrough)
* * Not to mention all the things I want to spin and knit! * *

I want to do a quick update on my spinning. I've been meaning to post this for a couple of days, but I just haven't managed to get further than uploading the picture into "drafts."

How do you like the picture of my wheel? I was at the dollar store, and splurged on a strip of Wallee's. They're designed to be put up on your walls, and (hopefully) won't damage the wood/paint if you move them around. I decided that the butterflies would look good on Yarnell. And if I change my mind, I'm out a whole dollar.


This past week I signed up for the Tour de Fleece. Remember the Ravelympics? This is for spinning (obviously). The goal is to spin every day that the cyclists are racing during the Tour de France. I'm hoping that with the Tour as motivation, I'll actually manage to catch up with my roving stash. In fact, one of the teams I'm on is "Stashbusters." I also listed myself with "Rookies" (because it's my first year doing the Tour), and "Palotin" (because I like the idea of sticking with the pack). Originally I had thought that these three teams gave me more than enough to do. But then I found a local group, Team Golden Treasure Coast, and of course I had to join that one. So with four teams to spin with, I had better get something accomplished.

Not that I've been doing too badly. I finished another four ounces of the white roving. It's another 2 ply, 12 wpi which is a nice worsted-weight yarn. I managed to 250.5 yards. I really, really like this yarn - it's so soft and squishy!



No comments: