Remember the Aeolian Shawl that I started as a knit-along with my daughter? I decided to frog it. I loved-loved-loved the color. I really loved the beads. I even loved the pattern. I just didn't like the way the color and the pattern went together. So after a lot of soul searching (it wasn't easy to give up after finishing 5 of the 19 charts), I gave a big sigh and pulled it all out. I'm going to try to find a beaded shawl that isn't quite as fancy lacework so that I can show off the color without all that effort.
Since I still wanted to do the KAL with Cari, I ordered a pretty sterling gray laceweight from Knit Picks. Then I made a trip back to the bead store and found matching beads. At least it gave me an excuse to play with my new ball winder that Becka and PJ got me for Mother's Day. That was fun!
And look how nice the balls of yarn turned out.
I've finished four charts, so I'm almost back to where I was. (Actually, if you look at the pattern you'll see that there are only ten written charts. But between repeating charts and working on multiple charts at a time, I figure that I will need to go through 19 sets of charts so that's how I'm counting it.)
I think I made the right choice by changing yarns on this project.