Thursday, June 10, 2010

Cities, like cats, will reveal themselves at night. Rupert Brooke)


I took a cheat on today's photo meme. I can't really call where I live "urban," although it's definitely not the countryside either. I live in a large apartment complex, which seems even larger when you're out in the middle of the night walking the dog. Again.

I have done more walking the past three weeks than I did in three months pre-puppy. With both of my teenagers out of town this week, I have to walk the dog every two hours or so. (And if I don't, I'd have to clean up the mess. So we walk.) I've even gotten comfortable with walking the neighborhood late at night (and early morning).

At least I've been making lots of new friends. People who would normally turn out of their way in order to avoid eye contact, now smile and strike up conversations about the puppy who is eager to play.

No comments: