Sunday, July 09, 2006

Life is not what one lived, but rather what one remembers, and how it is remembered to tell the tale. (Gabriel Garcia Marquez)


Becky and I were on our way out to get something for dinner, and as I opened the door something jumped out at me. Naturally I screamed, frightening poor Becky, who immediately slammed the door -- leaving me on the outside with the monster who attacked me.

Once I calmed down, I realized that the "monster" was only a tiny lizard, less than 2 inches long, that had been climbing on the door. When the door opened, he jumped onto me trying to find somewhere safe to hide. The poor thing must have been even more scared than I was!

I've been working on the computer all afternoon, still trying to finish up the album for gramma. I think I spent six hours scanning photos, and I still have two boxes left that I haven't gone through. I can't believe how many photographs I have of the family. Apparently the shutterbug-gene goes back several generations, which explains why I have the need to carry my camera with me everywhere I go.

No comments: