Monday, July 31, 2006

Don't go chasin' waterfalls. Please stick to the rivers and the lakes that you're used to. (TLC)


We took a hike up to Mingo Falls. It was as beautiful as I remembered. Naturally I took lots of pictures. I’ll be putting them up on my photo gallery. The kids went all the way up to the top with my Uncle Herb. Mom was going to do the hike with them, but chickened out. (I knew that there was no way I could do it – I have a true phobia of heights.) Afterwards, mom was upset that she had missed out on the trip. The kids took her up about halfway, and she came back down with a huge grin, just as proud of herself as she could be. I was so jealous! They’re planning to go back up to the top of the falls later this week when more of the family are here. I wonder if I can get my courage up by then to go with them?

No comments: