Friday, July 28, 2006

He who would travel happily must travel light. (Antoine de Saint-Exupery)


The van is packed, and we're ready to leave early in the morning for North Carolina. I can't believe how much stuff we're taking with us. I kept saying that we were going to be smart, and just take the minimum of stuff -- you know, only the things that we really, really need. After all, we're camping.

But I have to have my laptop and mini-photo printer. They're as much a necessity as my cameras. And Cari needs her laptop. And we have to have the coffee maker for mom (the campfire coffee pot is also packed, but I'm not sure mom will want to wait that long for her first cup of coffee in the morning). We also packed the crockpot. And the kids have their portable DVD players. (Okay, that's another one of my necessities. I'm not traveling a day and a half in the car with three teenagers unless they have DVD and CD players to keep them amused.)

When you add the actual camping equipment for five people, plus food, plus the reunion items (i.e. box of t-shirts that were ordered)... well, there's a lot of stuff in the minivan.

But we'll survive the trip, and it will all be worth it once we're settled into the cabin and looking out over the river. I promise to take lots of pictures, which will be posted as soon as I have internet access. Posted by Picasa

No comments: