Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Off the needles, on the needles

The Rockfall Sweater is finished! I can't believe that I was able to knit this up in just under 6 weeks. Knitting with "thick wool" (aka worsted weight) and "giant needles" (anything over a size 3) makes the project seem to go so quickly. That, plus the fact that this was a really fun knit to do at knit nights.

In this picture, my friend Sharon is modelling even though the sweater is a little too big for her. (She's even tinier than you are, Sweetie!) Everyone has agreed that it turned out beautiful. The way the lace portion angles gives the otherwise plain sweater a fantastic look.



If I had more self-control, I would try to finish some of the many UFO's (UnFinished Objects) already on the needles. However, the Wednesday night group has just started a KAL for the Summer Tea Sweater, by Vera Sanon. I've cast on in Sensations Cuddle yarn, in Turquoise. The yarn label claims to be perfect for baby and kids; I'm putting myself in the kids category because I think it will be perfect for a sweater I intend on wearing often. (It's acrylic, which means easy care on laundry day.)


I have also made a little progress on the Hecate Fall Behind. I'm on the last chart. This chart is a little easier to memorize each line, so I think I'm going to be able to work on it while talking with other fiberistas with a minimum of tinking (knitting backwards to fix mistakes). The more I get done, the better I like this shawl. Once it's blocked, it going to be beautiful. I've already talked with a friend about the possibility of having her block it for me, so the blocking might actually get done!






No comments: