Monday, June 10, 2013

Cookbook Review

I found a cookbook at the library that I really like. It's Allergy-Friendly Food for Families from the editors of Kiwi.magazine. Each recipe has very clear labels (colored tabs along the sides of the page) indicating if it is gluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free, egg-free, and/or soy-free. I can immediately see if it's worth looking closer at recipe, or if I should skip it because of it's gluten or dairy content. More importantly, the recipes are "real-life" friendly. Most of the ingredients are things I can actually find in the local grocery stores.

I'm looking forward to making zucchini boats (filled with homemade hummus), black bean burgers, and no-cream coconut pie. I may even try the tofu-stuffed pasta.

If you ever need to go on a restrictive diet due to food allergies or sensitivities, this cookbook is definitely worth looking at.

No comments: