Sunday, February 13, 2011

Obsessions and fixations are not really my field. All I know, when the mind really grabs hold of something, look out. (M. Sage & S. Adelman)

I have become fascinated with cupcakes. I find myself searching the internet for new recipes, and adding RSS feeds of cupcake blogs to my list of daily reading. It's definitely getting out of hand.

Today I made Red Velvet Cupcakes with a Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting. I had seen the recipe for Red Velvet cupcakes on the Brown-eyed Baker blog, and thought I would try it for Valentine's Day. (My boss asked me to bring in cupcakes after having one of the cupcakes I made last week. Was I really going to tell her "no"?) But then I saw the recipe for Red Velvet Cupcakes, adding cinnamon to the cream cheese frosting over on the Bella Eats blog. Looking at the two recipes, I realized that they had both taken them from Joy the Baker.

I would have thought that with that many people blogging about the same recipe, it would have been a lot better than they turned out. Maybe I'm not a good judge since I don't really like Red Velvet Cake, but I think that the cupcakes turned out too dry. I like a moist cupcake, and these are very crumbly. Both my children liked them, but said that one was enough for dessert. I did really like the Cinnamon Cream Cheese frosting; the only problem was that even after doubling the recipe I didn't have enough to cover all 24 cupcakes.

I'm still going to take the cupcakes into work tomorrow. And then I think I'll start looking for the next recipe to try.

No comments: