Sunday, February 27, 2011

Never let the demands of tomorrow interfere with the pleasures and excitement of today. (Meredith Willson)

This has been quite a wonderful fiber weekend. Yesterday was Knit in the Park, and today we Spun at the St. Lucy County Fair.

I wasn't sure what to expect. The St. Lucy County Fair is so much smaller than the Palm Beach County Fair. In my opinion, that's probably a good thing. The only downside is that we didn't have a lot of people come to see us spinning. On the plus side, we were able to really talk with the people who did come.

I think there were eight of us spinning. Four of us (Lisa, Peggy, Kathleen, and myself) were on wheels. The others (Charlie, Carrie, and I confess I don't remember the other names) had drop spindles. So there was a nice representation of spinning. We ended up forming a group, the Sunshine Spinners, and we plan on getting together again.


No comments: