Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I think that somehow, we learn who we really are and then live with that decision. (Eleanor Roosevelt)


This evening was a knitting night, and I had a marvelous time. It's so nice to sit and talk with other women as we're (pretending to be) productive. Right now I feel like I have an abundance of social graces, since I have knitting on alternate Wednesdays with one group and alternate Thursdays with another as well as a spinning group on the remaining Wednesdays. In addition, I'll be going out with the letterboxing group I joined. My poor kids are never going to see me. Actually, they probably won't mind that much since it means pizza delivery and no mom at home to nag them about homework and chores. The only time my daughter might care is if I can't drive her and her friends somewhere because I'm doing something else.

Anyway, besides being knitting night, today is also WIP Wednesday. I've actually got two finished projects this week. I finished the City Socks. I really like the way they turned out, even with the short row heel. I still prefer the heel flap and gusset method, but it's nice to try something different once in a while. With that philosophy, I've already cast on a toe-up sock. You won't get to see that for a while, though, since I'm keeping it under wraps. Christmas is coming, you know, and most of my knitting from here on in will be very secretive.

I also did one baby hat, using the Preemie Hugs and Kisses pattern by Marie Wright. I was able to knit this up while at Cityplace Sunday, waiting for Becci and her friends. I like the pattern a lot. I thought it was very well-written, with the cables decreasing beautifully. The next time I make this pattern, though, I'm going to try a different yarn.

Speaking of baby hats, I'm very excited that there is going to be a baby in the family to knit for. I just found out a couple of days ago that my cousins Charlie and Danielle are expecting their second child in June. I've already got visions of Tomtens, Baby Surprise Jackets, and cute amigurumi toys.

No comments: