Monday, November 10, 2008

People who like this sort of thing will find this the sort of thing they like. (Abraham Lincoln)

I took today off from work so that I could take my daughter to the orthodontist. After she was done, I suggested that we stop and look for a nearby letterbox. It was really pretty cool, actually finding the box with the rubber stamp and a nearly filled logbook. My daughter and I looked through the logbook, admiring all the hand carved stamps and the places people had traveled from. I was surprised at how many people had found this box, and how long it had been around. We made our own entry into the logbook, using stamps I had carved a couple of years ago, and then stamped my book with the letterbox's stamp. This letterbox had a hitchhiker (a miniature letterbox meant to travel from find to find), which was pretty exciting to us newbies. Naturally I wanted to take the hitchhiker to it's next location, which meant that my daughter and I had to go "find" another box. Amazingly, the second letterbox we found also had a hitchhiker, leading us to hunt for a third box.

My PFX count is now P0 F5 X0, with 2 HH.

I think I'm officially addicted to this new hobby. Now, where can I hide a box...


No comments: