Thursday, November 06, 2008

Day Three - My feet hurt!

Sunday morning we got up and went to church in Upper Manhattan. On the way to the subway, we stopped to watch a bit of the New York Marathon. It was amazing. I was so impressed, I've decided that I want to run it in four years (for my 50th birthday). I think it's possible. We'll talk more about that later.

Church service was at The Cathedral of St. John the Divine, in upper Manhattan. This is a huge church. One of the largest cathedrals in the world, in fact. I don't even have the words to describe it. Inside, you lift your head up, and tilt it back as far as you can, in order to see the carved ceiling. The arches leading up to it are flanked by detailed stained glass windows, with amazing carved details in the walls. If you have a chance to worship here, definitely go.

After church, we went looking for some lunch and found Yarntopia. I was good, and left without any further souvenirs. I think it was only because I was so hungry. We found a great Mexican place down the street.

After lunch, we wandered around Central Park. Except that it was really Morningside Park. After some photos, Cari took us to the real Central Park.

Central Park was huge. We hiked for I don't know how long, and we didn't even begin to see it all. Actually, we only got to explore a section of the North Woods. Explore, by the way, means that we followed our family tradition of getting lost. But we found another letterbox! So all was good in our world.

Have I mentioned that it was really cold? And that my feet hurt from all the walking we've been doing? And that this was a wonderful trip and I loved spending time with my daughter, despite the sore feet and cold fingers? I've been home for less than a week, and I miss her like crazy.

No comments: