Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Knitting again. Or rather, Knitting as usual.

It's been a couple of weeks since I did a WIP post. I've actually managed to get quite a bit done, thanks to the TWO knitting groups I'm now in. I have my usual Boca "Knit 1, Brew 2" group and I recently found a group that meets in nearby Palm Beach Gardens. It could be a little obsessive, I know, meeting two evenings a week. But since the groups only get together alternate weeks, I figure I'm still okay.


I've slowed down on the Mystery Stole now that all the clues are out and I'm no longer trying to race everyone to the finish. But it's coming along slowly, and I've only got a total of four more sections to do, and then I graft the two pieces together.
The second Special Olympics Scarf has also slowed down. I've got five stripes finished, and I'm estimating that there will be eight stripes to get the correct length.

My Lady Sweater is my favorite project to work on. But I'm trying to ignore it, since some of the other items (like the Special Olympic Scarf) have quickly approaching deadlines.

The City Socks that I started as a traveling project for New York are finishing up quickly. It's amazing how quickly I can do plain stocking stitch. And since the yarn is self-striping, it's not as boring as it could be. What I really like about these socks is that I managed to get the stripes to match up on both socks.

And of course there was a baby hat for charity. I did this while at the Knit 1, Brew 2 meeting. You've got to love crochet for the sheer speed of it.

Christmas is coming (it's only 43 days away!), and I've settled on knitting only six gifts this year. Although this isn't as many as last year, it's still probably a little ambitious. We'll see.

On just a quick side note, yesterday I posted a picture of my son with our new car. The jeep looks much smaller in the picture than it is in reality. I think it's because my son is just so tall he even dwarfs the Grand Cherokee. In real life, I have to climb up into the jeep. It's like riding around in a truck. I really do love it, and I have wonderful visions of camping and road trips in the near future.

No comments: