Wednesday, August 13, 2008

I am doomed to an eternity of compulsive work. No set goal achieved satisfies. Success only breeds a new goal. The golden apple devoured has seeds.

It is endless.
(
Bette Davis)


It's WIP Wednesday already. This seems to be the only day that I actually blog. Sorry. Especially since I don't have all that much to report. I did manage to finish the baby hat I was working on last week. And I knit another preemie hat this week. I've decided that knitting baby hats is almost as fun as knitting socks, and they're a whole lot faster to finish


I also finished the Apple-of-my-Eye hat for my daughter.


And finally, I'm still working on the Mystery-Socks-That-Never-End. The really sad thing is that I haven't even started on the second sock yet. (Usually I knit both socks, almost in unison.) I finally have the stitch pattern internalized, so it is starting to go a little faster. I would really like to get these off the needles, though. Sigh.


I think one reason I'm not making any progress is that I've been too upset to knit. Which is dumb, since knitting is very soothing. But take last night; I sat two hours on the dock in the rain, just staring at the water and trying to figure out how to get things back to normal. Of course, after today I would gladly give up "normal" and just settle for a little less dramatic.

No comments: