Saturday, August 30, 2008

Be a fish swimming against the current, and be a tree swaying against the breeze. (Unknown)


I spent several hours at the park today. (Actually, I was there about 3 hours longer than I planned on, and about 2 hours more than I wanted to be.) The plus side of this was that I got a lot of knitting done. I sat by the water's edge, and knit a baby hat for charity. Then I moved up to a bench, and worked on the Special Olympics Scarf.

It was a very pretty day. There was a nice breeze blowing, which kept the usual horrible Florida humidity away. At the same time, it made knitting a little difficult. The yarn would waft in the wind, and tangle. The pattern slipped away to dance along the grass. And the scarf brought to mind the classic video, The Last Knit. I was convinced that at any minute the scarf was going to slip over the edge into the water, and I would be stitchin' with the fishes.

Luckily it was a westward wind, and the scarf blew away from the water's edge.

No comments: