Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage. (Woody Allen)

I received a complaint today that I haven't been posting regularly. There's been a good reason for this. And the person who complained is probably going to regret saying anything because even though I've decided it's time to put my big girl panties on, I'm still feeling very whiny.

I know the house rule is that the person who cooks, also cleans up. I happen to think this is a good rule, which is nice since I'm the one who made it up. It comes from the days back in my childhood when my sister would make dinner using every pot, pan, and dish in the house because she knew it was my turn to wash the dishes. However. I don't think it's fair that the person who buys (as in the only person in the house with a job and therefore the only person in the house with money to pay for) the food is also the person responsible for cooking the food and cleaning up after. I think that the new rule should be that a person should only be responsible for, at the very most, two of the three steps (buying, cooking, cleaning).

I would also like to point out that the only person with a job who can pay bills seems to also be the only person capable of noticing that there is laundry to be done or vacuuming needed or that the bathrooms should be cleaned. But since it isn't nice to whine when there aren't even any pretty pictures offered as a distraction, I'll resist from indulging any further.

No comments: