Thursday, July 31, 2008

Let us be grateful to people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom. (Marcel Proust)

This isn't a very good picture, but this is our Boca Knitting group. We meet on alternate Thursdays at a Starbucks. And yes, that is my spinning wheel. At our last meeting we decided to try spinning. A couple of us brought along drop spindles and roving, and I brought along my wheel (it is a traveler, after all). Surprisingly, we didn't get many comments or strange looks -- although one guy did go outside and take pictures of us through the window when he thought we weren't looking.

I really enjoy getting together with this group. I missed hanging out with friends -- with everything else that goes on in my life, I just don't make enough time for that. I'm especially grateful that the group is meeting tonight. The past few days have been so stressful; my son said this morning I'm turning mean, but I think I'm just too tired out by everything* to be nice about any of it. [*"Everything" should really be read as the males in my life.] Tonight I'm going to drink a few too many mocha lattes and relax with my knitsters. If I'm lucky, we might even discuss a little S.E.X...



...Stash Enhancement eXpedition. (What did you think I meant?)

No comments: