Friday, July 04, 2008

Good communication is as stimulating as black coffee and just as hard to sleep after. (Anne Morrow Lindbergh)

I had difficulty picking out my favorite thing for this week. (Which is pretty sad, when it's only the second week I'm doing a favorite thing.) But it's like with my kids; my favorite changes depending on which one is around me at that moment.

But since I have to pick only one thing to say today, I'm going to pick a venti zebra latte (3 and 3) from Starbucks. This is what I was drinking last night during knitting group (which, by the way, was the most fun I've had in a long time!) and I've decided that it's just about the best drink ever.

I didn't start drinking coffee until after my divorce. (Have I told this story before?) Anyway, I worked with a couple of ladies who got me hooked on cappuccinos. That's what I always order when I go to Starbucks, because I don't know anything else. And it can be a little intimidating, with the talle/grande/venti and the skinnys and double shots and I don't know what all else they're talking about. People in line near me will give this odd, complicated order with such confidence that I'm tempted to just say "yeah, what they just said" when it's my turn.

So recently I decided it was time to get adventurous and learn a little more. Or at least try a few different things. Lime and Violet talked about caramel macchiatos on their podcasts, so I ordered that a couple of times. They were good, but I'm not sure what I was drinking. Then Meghan (Stitch It!) suggested the Zebra Lattes one episode and these are wonderful! I actually had two last night, and I was tempted to run out today for another. So this is currently my favorite thing.

If anyone has other suggestions of yummy drinks to order at Starbucks, please feel free to comment. But you'll have to be extremely specific. The first Zebra latte I ordered, the barrista had a question regarding the shots. Apparently a venti normally would have 5, but to do half mocha and half white chocolate, which is what Zebra means, they could either do 2 1/2 of each or add an extra shot for 3 of each. I just there and looking stupid trying to figure out what she was talking about. Finally the girl next in line advised that the 3 shots each is better, so I was able to finish ordering.

No comments: