Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Determine never to be idle...It is wonderful how much may be done if we are always doing. (Thomas Jefferson)















It's been two weeks since I did a WIP Wednesday and yet I really don't feel like there's been much progress, despite my always having my knitting or spinning at hand. I did manage to ply half of the navy/white corridale roving. So far I have a little over 350 yards that is 12 wpi, probably DK or worsted weight. (Wow, I sound like I almost know what I'm talking about!) I've been debating what to do with the yarn. I considered giving it to my daughter, since she likes the worsted weight. But I think I've talked myself into using it as striping in an Adult Surprise Jacket.

I also spun the first of my PJ batts (from Sugarbee Studios). I'm wishing now that I had waited until I had finished plying my first attempts. I wanted sock yarn, but I didn't get the ply thin enough.















On the knitting side, I've managed to finish two more charity baby hats. I like this project: they're easy to do; they're super quick (I can knit one start to finish while watching a movie); and there are so many adorable patterns. The apple hat came out especially cute. In fact, my youngest has decided that she wants an apple hat to wear to school. I hope she meant it, since I've started one for her!

I still have the Something Shady Socks in my bag. I really, really hate afterthought heels. Mainly because the directions say "knit until heel is deep enough." Huh? How do you know when the heel is deep enough? The Hippy Ripply Retro Socks are also in my bag, just being ignored until I finish the Shady socks. I have done a bit of knitting on the third pair of socks (The Mystery Socks), and I'm finally starting to like these. It took a while for the pattern to really emerge. (Sorry, I haven't taken a picture of these recently, and I don't feel like setting one up now.)

That's about it for the knitting update. Hopefully I'll be able to do some finished object pictures for next week instead of just works in progress.

No comments: