Friday, July 11, 2008

An entrepreneur is someone that steals office supplies from home and brings them to work. (Auren Hoffman)

Welcome to another episode of My Favorite Things!

It's harder than I thought it would be, deciding on what is my favorite item for the week. There's so many things I love, or use all the time, and I think I tend to take them for granted. (That's probably true for all of us, that we often take for granted the things/people we love. Now I'm going to have to pause for a moment to track down and hug my kids...)

My favorite thing today is my pen. Or rather, the brand pen I use. I love Pilot Easywriter clicktop pens. I'm actually obsessive about this pen. It fits my fingers perfectly, even with my arthritis, so that I can hold it comfortably and write all day long. Other pens are too thick or thin, causing my hand to cramp up after a little while. (Of course, I much prefer to type and bypass the hand use entirely but that's not always feasible.) I provide my own pens at work so that I can have this particular pen, and heaven help a co-worker if she (or he) is caught with one of MY pens.

For a while, it was difficult to find my pens. All my usual stores were out, and I panicked, thinking that Pilot had discontinued the Easywriters. I had several people out searching all the stores in the area and buying up all the packages they could find. I now have a stockpile set aside, Just In Case.

No comments: