Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Knit on, with confidence and hope, through all crises. (Elizabeth Zimmerman)

This is going to be a real fast update tonight. Especially since there isn't much to tell. I ended up casting on Becci's bag with double strand yarn, and I like it so much better. (This is a horrible picture -- the colors are way off! But it's late, and I don't feel like taking any more time trying to get it right.)

I played around yesterday with a pattern for an ipod necklace. I wanted to use my handspun, and I thought that would be a good project for it. But the pattern I liked is written for an ipod classic, and I have the smaller nano. (I think that's what it's called.) I just couldn't get the gauge and the stitch pattern to go the way I wanted it. So I ended up frogging that, and I'll wait until the next time inspiration hits.

I still have the same socks on the needles, but I think I'm going to cast on another pair. One of the groups I'm in, Sock Knitters Anonymous, has started the July Mystery Sock and it sounded like fun. Each week you get a clue (a couple of lines from the pattern) and you don't get to see what the sock looks like until you have it all knitted up. It sounds like fun. So we'll see.

No comments: