Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Wednesday's WIPs and FOs


In the past two weeks, I've officially finished two projects. Yeah! The Baby Surprise Jacket, which I actually finished knitting over a month ago, was seamed and gifted. I've very proud of how it turned out; I really like the color combination. I used Knit Picks Cotlin, and I really liked this yarn. I think I want to get some more of it to use in a light-weight sweater for myself.


I also finished the  simple socks that I was knitting as my take-everywhere project. These were done toe-up, using my favorite Back to Basics pattern from Knitty.com.


I've used this pattern several times before. This time I used Jeny's Sprisingly Stretchy Bind Off that I found in knitty.com. It really is a very stretchy bind off. I've bookmarked the site so that I can use it again.




Since I needed a take-along project, I went ahead and cast on another pair of socks. (Obviously take-along projects do not count in my self-imposed ban again starting new projects until I catch up with the WIPs I already have on the needles.) This time I'm trying to knit the strictly from memory, to prove to myself that I really am a sock knitter.

I'm still working on the baby blanket. Right now the blanket is about 27" square. I have only one more skein of yarn to knit, so it looks like it will end up being around 29" square. I can't decide if that is big enough to give, or if I should try to get another skein of the yarn. Maybe I'll go out this weekend and see what I can find.

 * ~ * ~ *
Blanket Update:
135 squares in 158 days
(Status: I'm starting to panic -- I'm almost a month behind.)

No comments: