Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Friday, May 20th: One last dance

Rebecca's senior prom was held on Friday, June 20th. She looked beautiful, of course.

Her "date" for the prom was Demi. She had gone with him last year, too. This year, I threatened to let my son take care of things if Demi was late again. (Last year he was almost 2 hours late, and poor Becca was almost in tears thinking that she was going to miss the prom.) But he made it on time. Actually, it was the girls that were running late this time. Jessica came over to our house to get ready with Rebecca, and we spent so much time doing their hair and makeup that the boys had to sit around waiting for the girls to finish up.

The theme for this year's prom was masquerade. I think our kids looked amazing! They sure do clean up pretty.

Seriously, it's difficult to see them looking so grown up. I know that they are seniors and will be graduating high school in a couple of days. (Well, except for Demi who is finishing up his first year of college.) I still think of Becca as my baby. I probably always will. But I guess I have to admit that she's growing up.


Sigh. I just don't have to like it.

No comments: