Tuesday, June 07, 2011

New York is so very far away.

Cari's gone back home to NYC. I hated to take her to the airport this morning, and not only because we had to leave the house at 4:30 am. I'm glad that she has built a good life for herself, and that she loves what she does. It's just -- did she have to do it so very far away from me?

We had a marvelous time. I taught her to knit a sock. (Well, she still has to do the toe on her own, but at least we turned the heel together.) We explored thrift shops, and came home with first edition books and wine glasses. The kids went kayaking, and we all got wet in Orlando. We ate loads and loads of potato salad. But we also got to go out to eat several times. (Sushi Jo's is incredible!) We had family time, and mom-and-daughter time, and I loved having her around. Even if I did have to spend too much time ignoring her in order to do my schoolwork. (Although I chose spending time with her over updating the blog.)

I only wish that we had more time. (And that I had taken more pictures.)

No comments: