Wednesday, June 15, 2011

I've been knitting.

I finished the 10-stitch baby blanket this week, although I didn't take a picture to share. I like the way it turned out, though, and I'm anxious to see how well it's received.


I decided on the Pink Flamingo Scarf as the next project to tackle from my WIPs list. I wanted something quick and easy to take along with me, and most of my other WIPs are either bulky (like my February Lady Sweater), intrigate lace (several shawls), or complex cables (the Kingdom gloves). Sigh. 

I really like the scarf, though. Once I got going on it, it knits up really fast.  


 
I also finished the first sock of my From Memory pair. I knew I could do it! The Debbie Norville sock yarn is really splitty to work with, but oh-so-very-comfortable to wear! 
I have decided that I am pathetically OCD, even without trying. I jumped right in with the first sock, without taking the time to plan out the stripes so that they would match on the second sock. My intention was to knit a pair of fraternal socks. Really. I wanted fraternal socks. So when I finished the first one, I just jumped right in on knitting the second sock without even checking for the stripes.
I cannot believe I matched them this closely without even meaning to.
 * ~ * ~ *
Blanket Update:
139 squares in 165 days
(Status: I'm still 26 squares behind. Sigh.)

No comments: