Sunday, May 01, 2011

Our Memories of yesterday will last a lifetime. We'll take the best, forget the rest. (The Best of Times - Styx)

I spent Saturday at Sunfest. It was hot, crowded, loud, and wonderful. It was also free, since I had won a couple of tickets, which made the day even better.

I had planned to spend the day with my daughter, who had entered the drawing with me. But she had a last minute chance to go away for the weekend, so I found myself alone. I did try to tempt a friend, any friend, into joining me by posting on Facebook. But it was just too last minute to get any takers on the free festival. So I went by myself, and my son used the second ticket today.


I didn't mind being alone. I found that I could take my time looking at every art and craft booth. I admired prints, debating which one I would hang up if I ever buy my dream house. I tried on rings and necklaces, wishing I was working so that I felt free to treat myself to something for mother's day. And I indulged in dinner, without having to consult with anyone else's taste. I walked, I sat by the inlet and knit, and I stopped to listen to whatever band took my fancy.

The best part of the day? Without a doubt, Styx!

Even if this was my view for most of the show.

No comments: