Saturday, May 14, 2011

Missing in cyberspace

For the past couple of days, I haven't been able to get into Blogger to write new posts. Apparently they had a problem after some routine maintenance. Posts disappeared, strange error messages appeared, and bloggers ended up confused and complaining. In an effort to fix the problems, Blogger had to revert to an earlier backup of the system, then go in to restore all the new posts and comments. For two days Blogger has been turned off, so to speak, so that the repairs and maintenance could be completed. (You can read all about it on the Buzz.)

Unfortunately, my Wednesday post was not restored. It's a shame, too, because it had a really great kniterary reference in it. I've already returned the book, but I'm going to try to find it again the next time I visit the library.

I couldn't get in to post on Thursday or Friday. Thursday's post was going to be about cookies.(They are really yummy cookies, and I'm still going to share the pictures.) Friday's was a rant about doctors and testing and spending money to be told what everyone already knew. (So it's probably best that I couldn't post Friday.)


(Just admire the cookies, and ignore the ugly old cookie trays please.)



I used to be the computer geek for where I worked, and I know how much pressure it could be to try to figure out a computer problem while a non-tech-savvy person is breathing down your neck with helpful comments like, "Typewriters never lost my letter. Where did the computer put it?" I can't imagine what the guys at Blogger must have been going through with the thousands of bloggers crying, "But MY post was important. Fix mine first!" So while I'm frustrated over the loss of an unusually good Wednesday WIPs posting, I appreciate the dedication and expertise of the techs in bringing back Blogger.

1 comment:

Sungopolis said...

Nice cookies! I don't usually want to eat frogs but yours look scrumptious.