Thursday, May 05, 2011

It's time for a change

Blogger, the host company for this blog, has recently rolled out some wonderful new features. I really like the changes. Considering it's still a free hosting site, they have all they whistles and bells I could want.

I can now add a geotag to posts. So on my "travelogue" posts, I can put a link into google maps for to the location I'm talking about. When you read the post, you'll find this link at the bottom of the post.

Blogger also upgraded the video and picture uploader, making it super simple to use. (You probably don't care about that, but it makes things nice for me.)

The best change, in my opinion, is the ability to have my very own domain name. Right now when I tell someone about my blog, I have to go  through a big long explanation: "You can find my blog at www dot sandi, that's sandi-with-an-i, dash pics, that's p-i-c-s dot blogspot dot com." It would be so much nicer to be able to use something that's easier to tell and remember.

The problem is that www.stayingfocused.com is already taken. I don't want to use www.sandi-pics.com because (1) it sounds stupid and (2) it really isn't that much easier to remember than what I have now. So I guess I'm asking for advice and suggestions. I want ideas for my "new" url address for the blog. I'd be willing to change the name of the blog, if I could find something a little more creative/interesting/meaningful than Staying Focused.

Let me know any suggestions you have in the comments. And come back soon to see what I decide. (I promise not to change without notice!)

No comments: