Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Goals are dreams with deadlines. (Diana Scarf Hunt)

I thought I'd do a quick review of my 50 by 50 list. I'm not quite as far along as I would like to be, but at least I'm working on it.

Lose 100 lbs (lose 5 lbs per month).
Exercise regularly for 3 months.

Health-wise, I'm making an attempt. It's probably just a half-hearted attempt, since I'm horribly depressed between the lack of a job and the resulting stress flaring the fibromyalgia. I had to stop the Weight Watcher's plan (all "extra" expenses have been cut until I have a regular income again), so I'm open to any ideas of what diet to follow and how to do it. I'm debating about ordering a nutrition bracelet and just trying to eat my daily allotment of "good foods" before allowing any "junk" treats. I could also use a (FREE) personal trainer since the fibro is such a handy excuse to skip a session at the gym. Sigh. It's so hard to figure out what to do, especially when you don't feel like doing anything at all.

Declutter my closet.
Declutter my bedroom.
Declutter the living room, including the book shelves.

I haven't actually started the decluttering process yet. But I've put my children on notice that they will have to help me with this in the next couple of weeks. I'm using my oldest's visit home at the end of May as the excuse to get the decluttering done.

Organize my papers and receipts.

I've actually managed to get most of my papers and receipts in order. I have a working filing system in place, and I have one last folder to go through before I can mark this item done.

Give up soda for 1 month.

I have been soda-free since March 21st, and I think I will probably stay away from soda from now on. I had a glass earlier today as a treat, and was disappointed that it didn't taste as good as I remembered. I guess I've lost my taste for colas, which is actually a good thing.

Finish or frog the 10 existing WIPs.

Officially, I'm working on the Lady Sweater from my list of existing WIPs. Unofficially, I've set it aside in favor of a baby gift. But I will not, will not, will not (if I keep saying it, maybe somebody will believe me) cast on anything else until I get a couple of the existing projects finished. My current plan is that I have to finish two existing projects before I can cast on something new. I even made myself a cute little chart that reminds me of a tournament playoff to keep track of this goal.

Take a wine class.

I found a Wine Tasting 101 class that is scheduled this month in Wellington. Hopefully I'm not too late signing up for it.

Send out birthday cards for a year.

I have officially started this goal by sending out ten birthday cards and four Mother's Day cards for May. (Leave a comment if you would like me to include you on my mailing list and I will send you a card on your birthday!)

List 100 Things That Make Me Happy.

I've started my list, and I'll post it as a separate page on the blog. (You'll be able to see it up at the top of the blog.) I think I'd been able to come up with more things if I wasn't so depressed. But I'm working on it.

Don't complain for 1 full week.

Obviously, I haven't even attempted this one! But I will. Someday when I'm feeling better. Or perhaps the last week in October 2012.

Change my job.

I'm working on this one. Not that I wanted to be working on it.

Have a totally silly and/or unexpected adventure.

My sister tried to talk me into doing this goal today. I probably should have taken her up on it, but I just wasn't feeling good enough. But she's promised me a raincheck. I promise to give a full report on whatever silliness we get ourselves into!

No comments: