Saturday, May 07, 2011

I look to the sea. Reflections on the waves spark my memories. (Styx)

Becka attended Grad Bash last night. For anyone not familiar with this, it's a big party in Orlando for all Florida high school seniors. Well, all seniors who meet their school's requirements and can afford the ticket. The kids get to go into the parks after hours to enjoy the rides, food, and special concerts. The charter bus from Becka's school left at 1 pm on Friday, and I had to pick her up at 5:30 am on Saturday. (They weren't expected until 6 am, but apparently there wasn't any traffic. Luckily I had gotten out early, hoping for coffee from Dunkin Donuts, so it wasn't a big deal.)


It was actually a good thing that the kids made it home early. Becka couldn't get anyone to cover her hours, so we had to rush her home to change, and then I took her in to work the breakfast shift. Since I was up, dressed, and full of coffee I decided to to walk along the beach and enjoy the sunrise.


Sometimes, having a teenager who makes you get up way too early is a good thing.

No comments: